Front-End Web Developer
Keepsite is construction management software for project-centred organisations and for people who create buildings and infrastructure. Our clients include architects and engineers, multinational construction businesses and tradespeople.
This position is an integral part of our small engineering team. The post holder will build out core processes and new features and refine the web application. This requires working creatively and being adaptive. Responsibilities include:
- Work as a member of a small cross functional team where roles overlap and each person is a critical part of the whole
- Help to define and document workflows and processes and support the development of user stories and functional specifications
- Make technical design decisions in line with the Keepsite style guide and practical needs
- Implement high quality code efficiently
- Define appropriate test cases and fix any bugs found during testing thoroughly
- Be responsible for achieving quality outputs to tight deadlines, in the context of an agile approach to development
- Work with the Senior UI Designer to integrate business logic and presentation
- Support the live web site as required
Knowledge, skills, experience
The ideal candidate will have impressive professional experience in developing web applications using our tech stack:
- PHP and available PHP libraries
- WordPress Multisite
- Plugins API
- Theme development
- Agile methodologies
Applicants should have:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 5 years experience in front-end web development
- 2+ years experience designing, developing and maintaining web applications using our tech stack
- 1+ years experience working with Scrum or a similar Agile methodology
- Experience with testing and quality assurance – a strong appreciation of how to test applications efficiently and effectively
- A strong track record of successful experience in the context of one or more start-up businesses or new product development
We are seeking to deliver a new product innovation to a large addressable market and so we are looking for someone with a passionate interest in working with a dynamic team, who has an entrepreneurial background and understanding of the needs of a start-up.
We value creativity, continual personal and professional development, an analytical mind, a great work ethic, consistent customer focus, and personal responsibility – symptoms of loving what you do and striving to be great at it.
We offer a competitive salary, the opportunity for equity should this be interesting for the selected candidate, a flexible and enjoyable working environment in central London, the opportunity to be part of a fun, fast-moving, exciting team, and a range of other benefits that we think any great company should offer.
Please send your CV and an introduction emial to email@example.com