Full Stack Developer / DevOps
Keepsite is construction management software for project-centred organisations and for people who create buildings and infrastructure. Our clients include architects and engineers, multinational construction businesses and tradespeople.
This position is an integral part of our small, growing engineering team.
- Taking a lead role in steering Keepsite toward its strategic goals, utilising best practices and latest technologies to do so and providing strategic leadership on engineering aspects of the business
- All aspects of Keepsite’s server, network, and hosting environment
- Leading on continuous integration within a milestone-based agile approach to development, ensuring quality at all times through structured testing and subsequent monitoring
- Full-stack responsibilities, including front-end development in the context of a team that will include dedicated front-end developers
- Monitoring and increasing the efficiency of the Keepsite web application and working closely with the team to forecast opportunities and constraints as we add users, functionality and go to scale, including across different geographies
- Advising on the key recruitments regarding all technical roles in the business and playing a key role in the ‘cobbling together’ of a world-class, high-performing engineering team that can take Keepsite from where it is now, to being the industry leading enterprise web application in our space
The post holder will be the person primarily responsible for the above and will be initially supported by a front-end web developer and a second front-end developer with specialization in UI design. The post-holder will advise on and help to recruit the core team beyond these roles, as and when necessary.
Additionally, the post holder will support a strategic review of our use of WordPress Multisite as our application framework and recommend on its continued use or on the rebuilding of Keepsite using an alternative approach. If the team decides upon the latter, this will be done in parallel to the running of the current application.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have impressive professional experience in developing web applications and taking them to scale, including using our tech stack:
- PHP and available PHP libraries
- WordPress Multisite
- Plugins API
- Theme development
- Experience with multiple server side languages
- Experience configuring and using continuous integration tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, Teamcity)
- Monitoring tools (StatsD, Graphite, Nagios or similar)
- Application Scaling using Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, SaltStack)
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 5 years experience building, maintaining and scaling complex web applications at least a few years of which will be for an already successful business that has experienced rapid growth and success
- 2+ years experience designing, developing and maintaining world-class web applications, preferably using our tech stack
- 3+ years DevOps experience within an agile development environment
- A strong track record of successful experience in the context of one or more start-up businesses or new product development that have experienced rapid growth
We are seeking to deliver a new product class to a large addressable market and so we are looking for someone with a passionate interest in working with a dynamic team, who has an entrepreneurial background and understanding of the needs of a start-up.
We value creativity, continual personal and professional development, an analytical mind, a great work ethic, consistent customer focus, and personal responsibility – signs that you love what you do and strive to be ever greater at it.
As a core part of our founding team, you’ll be offered a competitive salary, the opportunity for equity, a flexible and enjoyable working environment in central London, the opportunity to be part of a fun, fast-moving, exciting team, and a range of other benefits that we think any great company should offer.
Please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org